Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dine-In Movie Theater


I was at the mall the other day and I saw something I've never seen before: A Dine-In Movie Theater. Perhaps I am slow on the uptake (very possible) but I can't recall ever seeing one before.


Has anyone been to one? How is it? I gotta admit at first I thought, "Hey, that sounds fun!" but then I started thinking about the waiters talking, the clinking of dishes and silverware, and I began wondering if it isn't all a bit too annoying. I really want to check it out and I think I will, but anybody ever try it out? I am going to say it is best suited for a fun, light-hearted flick and not, let's say, Sophie's Choice.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Newman-I just went to the dine-in movie theater for the first time last week. I enjoyed it. Initially, it seems expensive but some of the cost is a credit towards your food bill. I didn't find it disruptive at all. It did seem like maybe it took a little while for the staff to get to me but I chalked that up to them being new or as if I was in an actual restaurant and had to wait. I would definitely go again. My issue was trying to determine if I was supposed to tip them.

Nikki said...

I had to laugh when I looked at the photo on the AMC theater website. It shows the waitress standing directly in front of the customers who are supposed to be watching the movie. I don't know about you, but I know I would be really ticked off if this waitress stood in front of the movie while I was watching it. And then for her to expect a tip as well? Oh and there's always the person that gets mad because their steak isn't cooked well enough or it is too well done. With my luck, that loud mouth would be the person sitting next to me while I'm trying to enjoy the movie. And if they are charging $8 for a popcorn that cost them a few pennies, are they going to charge $100 for a cheeseburger?? Oh, you just have me started... I could go on and on with my ranting. haha

Newman said...

Haha, good call Nikki, I just looked at the picture too!