Friday, December 11, 2009

Top Chef Finale Conspiracy?


Not sure how many Top Chef fans are out there, but it happens to be one of my favorite shows on TV, and wanted some takes on the finale.


SPOILER ALERT!!!! (For those who haven't watched it on their DVR's from Wednesday)


I found this season a bit strange, because unlike some seasons in the past it seemed a little over-planned. As much of a fan as I was of both Kevin and Jennifer, it can definitely be argued the Voltaggio brothers were the best chefs in the competition, but here is what I find odd: Why did they eliminate Kevin before the announcement of the winner? Have they every done that before?


So, why is this weird? Well, they obviously did it for the story-line. They liked the idea of this sibling rivalry throughout the season, and the pay-off was the two of them standing there at the end. But, could it have gone so perfectly or was this a small guiding influence on the decisions made throughout the eliminations. Again, I don't know if this is really true, because Brian and Michael seem like pretty damn good chefs, but the removal of Kevin before the announcement made me start thinking. By the way my spies tell me (That's right, Chris Rollins isn't the only one with spies in Hollywood, I as well have spies - got them from Brookstones) that Kevin's marriage fell apart right before the finale, wonder if that got to him?


Anybody else find this a bit strange?


Other Random Thoughts on Top Chef:


  • Could there be more product placement?

  • What's the deal with that short break around 40 minutes into each episode? They come back from commercial do 2 minutes of pointless banter, go back to commercials.

  • Kevin is the only person to ever pull off a comb-over

No comments: