Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Best Man Speech Tips


In about a week I will be the Best Man at my cousin's wedding and I really don't know what to expect (Do I get a crown?) I mean, I know what I basically have to do, what I don't really know is whether my speech will go over well; so, I need your help.


I have a pretty good idea of what I am going to say, and I think it is both funny and somewhat sentimental, but I won't be sure until I hear laughter or crickets whether I was right. Have you heard any good lines a best man has that worked really well? Keeping in mind I don't want to go down the "I can't believe Ed settled down after all those women" paths.


Things I am considering:



  • Stories from our childhood

  • Anecdotal, meaningful or funny quotes

  • Using an accent

  • Reason's his bride is so great & How great she looks

  • Fart jokes

  • Life lessons we have learned growing up

  • Audio or video clips

  • A laugh track

See I need help!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May all your ups and downs be between the sheets.

Only if these are the kind of people who would find that funny though... your call, lol