Friday, March 5, 2010

The Only Oscar That Matters


Big night in Hollywood Sunday - The 82nd Annual Oscars! I don't know about you, but I am pumped!


Just like every year, I have seen less than three of the nominated movies, and just like every year I won't let that get in the way of me giving my two cents. I think The Hurt Locker (didn't see it) will win Best Picture, but who really cares about that over-hyped category. Let's talk about the Oscar that matters the most, the Oscar for:


Sound Mixing!


This year's crop of sound mixers feature some juggernauts. I mean, who will take it? Greg "Rampage" Russell? Michael "Magic Fingers" Minkler? Or, the lady of the group, Anna Behlmer? It's gonna be a barn-burner!


My pick, the underdog, Paul N.J. Ottosson. The reasons for this pick is simple. A) I love people who use their middle initials in their name. B) He worked on The Hurt Locker which I assume (again, didn't see it) has lots of explosions. That's a lot of sound mixing! (I assume, I have no idea what sound mixing entails.)


Who do you guys got? Don't even tell me you're going Michael Minkler! Ha!

No comments: