Friday, April 2, 2010

Brunch Necessity



I'm throwing an Easter brunch for the first time this year at my new house, and I have realized that my definition of brunch is not quite the same as everyone else's. You see, my brunch leans heavily to the breakfast end of things, whereas, it seems, most people think of a brunch as a fairly even breakfast/lunch split. Here's the menu I originally planned:



  • Ham


  • Spinach and Gruyere Quiche


  • Bacon


  • Pancakes


  • Pan Fried Potatoes


  • Rolls


  • Fruit Salad


  • Small Dessert



Apparently, my menu needs a bit of a lunch kick, any ideas?

PS - Given the choice between breakfast food and lunch food, who chooses lunch food???? You always choose breakfast. Has anyone ever gone to McDonald's mid-morning and said, "Arggh, it's not lunch yet?"




1 comment:

Toni Ryan said...

eggs? either scrambled or an omelet?

yknow how you guys were talking this morning of "having" fruit salad just for the sake of having it?

... i noticed when i throw a barbecue, no one EVER eats the green salad, but without it, seems like the table's empty. so i've resorted to buying those bags with pre-made caesar mix, tossing it up and putting it in a nice elaborate bowl. if no one eats it, it's like a $3 loss.

so, i guess what i'm saying is... don't make yourself crazy on fruit salad type stuff. may i suggest my inflatable fruitcake from christmas?