Friday, July 23, 2010

Bathroom Cup


Here's a hypothetical, but very plausible situation:


You're at the office. Working away, while periodically checking Facebook and surfing for pictures of cats playing the piano. You get up and grab a cup of coffee and walk around the hallway, chatting with coworkers and enjoying your morning caffeine injection. You suddenly realize you have to urinate. You head towards the bathroom.


Now, right before you open the bathroom, I want to ask you a question: Do you still have the coffee in your hand?


If you answered no - good job.


If you answered yes - GROSS!


To be honest, I don't really know what's that disgusting about bringing the coffee in, setting it down by the sink, going to the bathroom and coming back for the coffee on the way out (despite the fact that I skipped the step where you wash your hands) but there is something that grosses me out about it. I don't know if it is the thought of pee particles, or pee-articles, floating in the air in a bathroom, landing in your beverage, but I don't agree with bringing your drink into the bathroom, your food on the other hand, have at it, I have a sub just waiting to be devoured on the toilet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find it fairly disgusting when people bring drinks of any nature into the bathroom. I don't even like to bring a pen in if I'm at work. There are no toilet seat lids which means there are a ton of things being spewed out. Just because you don't bring it into the stall doesn't make it any less gross. This is a big pet peeve with me at work. That's why you aren't supposed to leave your toothbrush by the sink-it's like brushing your teeth with toilet water.