Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Movies That Should Never Be In 3-D

Love 'em or hate 'em, it appears as if 3-D is the wave of the future in our movie theaters, which is perfect for movies like Avatar and Alice in Wonderland, but not so much for some other films.

The problem with 3-D becoming the norm, is the vast amount of movies that should never be 3-D. Schindler's List comes to mind. Really, any heart-wrenching, tear-inducing, sob-worthy flick could be added to on the list, but there are other qualifications as well.

Here is a list I have started of movies that should never be made in 3-D:

  • Marley and Me - Fun for 99% of the movie, real ruff for the other 1% (COUNT IT!!)
  • Gigli - If it's bad in 2-D it will be 1.5 times worse in 3-D
  • Gremlins - I don't want any of those things appearing to be close to me. Rabies.
  • Howard the Duck - Why mess with perfection?
  • Borat - Two words: Nude scene.
  • Saving Private Ryan - There are body parts flying everywhere in this movie (not unlike that Borat scene.) Plus, I try to avoid feeling like I am in a war-zone - kind of a goal of mine
  • Anything By Michael Moore - Double whammy. Serious subject matter and Michael Moore in 3-D.

No comments: