Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Might Be Getting a New Job!


We'll guys, it's been real. We've laughed, we've cried and we've shared some wonderful stories, but it looks as if it's time for me to move on. As much is it pains me to tell you this, I got the job offer of a lifetime yesterday, an offer I'd be foolish to pass up.

Here's how it went down:

I was at the hardware store the other day because I am building a shed (fixing a shelf) when I was approached by a daper looking gentleman. He said hello, and I responded back with a hi - which was apparently enough to prove my worth as a potential employee. He stopped me and said, "You know, I don't usually do this, but you seem like an outgoing type of person. I think you'd be perfect for this company I am starting up."

First thought: This man is going to kill me.

He continued, "I would love to have you jump on-board as we get this thing off the ground!"

WOW!! I knew I exude confidence and boyish good looks, but here I was getting a job offer without even trying. HA! Who says unemployment is a problem?! They're basically giving jobs away. To think, this man here who has no idea of my qualifications or skill-sets, has felt confident enough to extend a job offer and for me to help him get his unknown business up and running and accomplishing its unknown goals and/or producing its unknown products.
Honestly, it was like being spammed in real life.

Needless to say, I think I am going to take Johnny-Three-Piece up on his offer, and, depending on my hours and schedule - of which I have no idea - I may have to leave my current position. Here is my new plan for life:

Take Unknown Job ----> ??? ----> Buy a small island

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it Amway?

Jerry said...

Some guy said the EXACT same things to me outside a Wawa in Willow Grove last year! I was in my car pulling out and he came up to my window to talk to me.

Anonymous said...

Newman....Are you joking??? Please tell me it's just a joke!!! You can't leave!!!!

Debbie said...

This reminds me of the spam mail my fiance receives in response to some of his job applications (usually on Craigslist). You know to be suspicious when they reply to your resume submission by saying that they are looking to hire someone today and think you would be a perfect fit when they have never even met you! It does make for a funny story, though :)