Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TAUPE IS BROWN!!!

Humongous news: TAUPE IS BROWN!!!!

You are most likely thinking this is not humongous news, in fact this is not news at all. But, what you need to consider is for the last 28 years of my life I have thought Taupe was a shade of blue!

I don't know why I thought it was blue I just always thought it was. My wife and I were buying sheets yesterday (CAUSE WE'RE YOUNG AND CRAZY!!) and she was interested in taupe colored ones when I told her they wouldn't look good because the wall color in the room is blue. This sentence was perplexing to her so I said, "Well, you don't want two similar colors right?" She paused, and responded, "Oh my God, do you think taupe is blue?" To which I replied authoritatively - "yes".

Probably not going to live this one down for a while.

4 comments:

teri said...

*shaking head*

so sad. Well, better late than never, right?

Anonymous said...

I found this post because I thought it was blue too... and I have no idea why.

Anonymous said...

you probably confused taupe with teal.

Demetria said...

I thought Taupe was blue, too. I see I was confusing it with "Topaz", which I have a few jewelry pieces featuring this blue colored gem.