Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hey Waiter, Stop Being So Cocky



Here's a little pet peeve of mine that some waiters do - and I will ask Wendy if she does this when she comes in tomorrow because if she does I will have to excommunicate her - they take your order without writing it down.

Hey buddy, stop acting cocky.

I go to restaurants for delicious food not to be impressed with some guy's ability to memorize requests. Even if it is just me by myself (which most of my young adult life it was) I want you ready with pad in hand. Am I impressed if you get a giant order right? A tad, but you know how else you can get the whole order right? Hand it to the cook on a piece of paper.

I would go out on a limb and say that no waiter has ever received a round of applause for the accuracy of memory. I will however guess that some waiter has been ridiculed for putting pickles on what should have been a pickle-free hamburger because he was inundated with requests. So save it hot shot and buy a pad or I'll arrive with my own and write everything down for you and then deduct 8% from your tip for my efforts.

No comments: