Thursday, February 26, 2009

LOST Blog 2/25 "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"



Great episode last night! I mean, I don't understand half of what is going on any more . . . but I love it. I am trying to figure out why Ben would kill Locke just for knowing the name Eloise Hawking? If he went to see her what would have happened?
Was I the only one picking up Star Wars references last night? The scene with Locke with a cloak and hood up a la Obi Wan. Or, Locke being dropped in the desert and being picked up by people (like the sand people in Star Wars). If I am way off on this, at least you know how much of a dork I am now.
Also, I know I've touched on this before, but Hurley has the worst beard in human history, I am having a hard time watching when he is on screen. Three years he was off the island, he couldn't find a Mach 3?
JJ Abrams loves Lance Reddick.

3 comments:

Jonas108 said...

I absolutly despise Ben even more than I did. I can't believe he killed Locke. What's so important about a name? Maybe he also wanted the wedding ring too?
Haha, I don't watch Star Wars...so, no. I didn't pick up on that. But I had no idea that Hurley was quite the artist.
And yet again, this episode left me with a lot of questions. I want to know who the woman was that Frank left with on the boat. And, why is the desert the "exit point" of the Island? It's just strange. And I don't know which guy I can trust anymore (if any). Ben or Charles.
But the question I'm hoping gets answered next week is - HOW DID LOCKE COME BACK TO LIFE?!

Toni Ryan said...

time loop theory, people! the universe is self correcting, and on the island, Locke is alive. back in the "real world" locke is supposed to be dead and/or crippled bc of a leg thing. how many times has he escaped death or been handicapped somehow??

Anonymous said...

Ben has 2 agendas, both he revealed to Charles Whitmore last season. “The island will be mine again. And I’m going to kill your daughter, like you killed mine!” We know last week he went after Penny, resulting in a bloody face and broken arm. (Hopefully Desmond left Penny and little Charlie somewhere safe.) So why did Ben save John, and then kill him? My guess once John said Eloise Hawking’s name, the one who seems to know the most about the island, it meant Ben would lose the island to John for good. The island already got John out of a wheelchair, now it got him out of a coffin. I’d say the island belongs to John.