Monday, August 17, 2009

How About I'll Tell You If I Enjoy It

I find people who substitute the word "enjoy" for "consume" to be rather presumptuous. For example, I picked up a cup of coffee yesterday at the local coffee shop (I got a tall, which I order as a small, because I don't subscribe to their java lingo.) The cup of course had the now much needed statement, "The beverage you are about to enjoy is extremely hot!" on it.

First off, okay can't we make a deal, no one will sue a coffee/fast-food place again and in return everyone can stop wasting ink writing that inane warning on all the cups.

Second, I'll let you know if I enjoyed the coffee. How about you don't sound so stuck-up and assume your product is oh-so enjoyable. The coffee I am about to consume, and then form opinions on, is extremely hot. Where do you get off?

No comments: