Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An Intruder

I awoke last night around 2am parched. The kind of parched you can only be at 2 in the morning after you've been sleeping for three hours. I felt like I just ate a teaspoon of salt. I threw of the covers and hurried to the fridge to grab a drink, which I inhaled between long "I almost drowned" breaths.

As, I turned to go back to bed something caught my eye on the couch. A person. Now, it was pretty dark in the house being 2am and all, but I could definitely make out the shape of a person sitting there. I froze. I often wonder how I would react if I saw something really terrifying, and now I know, I would stand still and hope the invisibility powers I always dreamed of came true that instant (I assume this is the same reaction I would have if I: encountered a bear, a charging linebacker or the band Slipknot).

After my superpowers failed to kick in, I quickly turned on the light, ready to run. The person on the couch didn't move. In fact, it wasn't a person at all. My intruder was my Snuggie, arm sleeves stretched out and balled up in the corner of the couch. Close call.

Have you ever been scarred by something like this? I can't be the only one who saw their life flash before their eyes for such an embarrassing reason as a Snuggie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! Awesome. Did you beat the crap out of that Rutgers Snuggie???

Toni Ryan said...

MWAHAHAAAHAAA sooo funny. i always wonder how i'll do in a emergency situation like that too... it usually happens when i'm awoken by a sound... and i usually intently til i end up falling back asleep. so that'll be me: asleep. we're both useless.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have a snuggie!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have a snuggie!