Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Ultimate Energy Drink

I've been reading this book Born To Run by Christopher McDougall (pictured) about this tribe of people from Mexico who run incredible distances, drink lots of beer and are in better shape than anyone in the world. Awesome book.

I stumbled upon something cool in it; apparently, a very common drink this tribe (the Tarahumara) drink is called Iskiate, and it is basically the world's greatest energy drink. Besides being insanely good for you, it gives you a boost of energy and, according to the author, even cleared his headache.

Here's what you do:
  • Mix chia seeds in water until they dissolve.
  • Add a small spoonful of sugar.
  • Add a squirt of lime
  • Mix and enjoy

I am waiting for my seeds to arrive. I'll keep you updated on how it tastes, my energy level and whether-or-not I grow green hair. If you want more info, here is an article with an excerpt from the book.

1 comment:

Tracey B said...

I had heard several weeks ago the chia seeds are good for diabetics and are really good for you. Then I heard you talking about them the other day, which solidified my wanting to get them. Today was my first day using them and i have to say that i woke up with a headache and it is now gone. I waited to see if they would work and they did...kudos.