Friday, June 11, 2010

Pluots

What is this a picture of? Bet you'll never guess - unless, you look at the title of this post. Give up? It's a pluot, and it's amazing.

A pluot is a hybrid between a plum and an apricot, made, as you would assume, by the two "getting it on." You can taste both, but it definitely leans more plum. They are delicious.

Where can you get pluots? Heaven. If you are not dead however, I believe many grocery stores now carry them, though the local one may be sold out because I bought every single one they had. Early bird catches the pluot.

It is definitely my favorite hybrid fruit - followed closely by the pineapple, which I believe is a hybrid between apples and pine cones.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I used to really like broccoliflower, then it kind of freaked me out, lol. But I think the hybrid fruits and veggies are safe, so maybe the pluot is okay to try. You definitely make it sound like it's pretty yummy! :)