Monday, November 15, 2010

Realizing Your Priorities

Have you ever learned something about yourself by something you do? Just random things and a light bulb goes off about who you are. Happened to me the other day, and it was the second time something like this involved my TV remote.

Okay, first the history: The first time my television remote taught me a lesson was a couple years back. I was relaxing on the couch when I realized the TV was stuck on SAP. I went to grab my remote and quickly found out it was sitting all the way across the room on top of the television set. No way was I going to get up and get it. I realized just then how lazy I can be (and also a lot of Spanish.)

So, yesterday something like this happened again. I went to turn on the TV and the remote didn't work. I tried smacking it and reaching as far out toward the TV as I could but it wouldn't work. The batteries were dead and I had no new ones lying around. So what did I do? Replaced them with the ones from the smoke detector. Really teaches you something about your priorities in life. I would rather burn alive than not be able to switch back-and-forth between ESPN and ESPN2.

No comments: