Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How Do I Go About Getting This Anniversary Gift For My Wife

DISCLAIMER: BY READING THIS BLOG POST YOU ARE SWEARING THAT YOU WILL NOT MENTION ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TO MY WIFE. I'M 99.9% SURE SHE DOES NOT READ MY BLOG SO I FEEL CONFIDENT SHE WILL NOT FIND OUT ABOUT THIS UNLESS SOMEONE TELLS HER. SO, BY READING FURTHER YOU ARE TAKING AN OATH NOT TO MENTION IT TO HER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ALSO PLEASE DON'T MENTION THAT I CALLED HER AN 80 YEAR-OLD IN MY PREVIOUS POST, THAT'S ALSO INCLUDED IN THIS OATH. (I would also appreciate you saying, "I swear," right now with your hand over your heart or raised in the air but this is on the honor system).

Okay, my wife really wants to see The Book of Mormon on Broadway. With our anniversary coming up at the end of this month I figured I would get us tickets. The problem is, is the show is super popular and apparently the "hot ticket in town" (as the kids say in the 1920's). So, there are only a handful of shows with seats I can afford left and even those aren't cheap.

I know if I ask her for what dates she has available in June & July she will figure out exactly what I am doing (she is much smarter than I) (yes, intended). Once you find tickets available online you have exactly 3 minutes to decide whether to purchase them or not, so I will need to either do some snooping ahead of time (I don't know where she keeps her schedule though) or take an expensive shot in the dark.

What should I do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not confess? You'll still have the joy of initially telling her but this way no one is disappointed if you get tickets on a day you have plans either together or individually. You could do something little on your actual anniversary if you really want to surprise her.

Anonymous said...

Have someone else "book" something for one of the days you can get tickets for so then you'll know if she's free and she'll have to keep that date open. Like have relative fake a special party or something she'd feel obligated to attend. Good luck!