Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To Smush

As with a lot of words in modern vocabulary, "Smush" seems to have taken off in popularity thanks to Jersey Shore. To smush - if you are unaware means to fornicate (the word I choose to use) - and in a sentence would sound like, "Snooki & Vinnie just smushed."

I am usually supportive of the lingo the cast uses. While I don't personally call girls "grenades" I think it is a funny term, "T-Shirt Time" is now part of my daily routine (I call it getting dressed in the morning) and I often refer to my stomach as "The Situation". With that all said, I gotta say that "smush" is just terrible slang. The word is gross sounding. It even sounds worse in the present or past tense. I can't fully put my finger on why it bothers me so much, but it does.

Is anyone with me on this one?

No comments: