Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What Random Skill Do You Brag About?

It's kinda strange that the biggest accomplishments in your life are the ones you brag about the least. If I said I won the noble prize at the start of every conversation, it would come off like I was super stuck-up (and a liar). However, when you find a random skill set you possess, it is quite acceptable to share it with whomever you're speaking to.

Here's my example: I'm really good at Connect Four. I can't explain it, I just was born with the ability to play at an extremely high Connect Four level. Now, I won't go so far as to say I am the Bobby Fischer of Connect Four but I am at least the Emanuel Lasker.

(Another skill set: I happen to know a lot of chess players . . . actually, that's not really a skill set, nor something worth bragging about. In fact, let's just pretend I didn't bring up the whole "chess player" thing, LOOK there's a cute kid in the post! . . . smooth distraction.)

So, what's your random skill you love to brag about?

No comments: